The Delhi Police‘s tall claims regarding the safety of women in the Capital have once again been proved false. When a 23-year-old physiotherapy student was left battling for her life after being brutally beaten up and raped by 6 drunken men in a private bus which was audaciously driven around south Delhi localities on 16 December night.
According to the latest report Latest figures from the national crime records bureau (NCRB) reveal that Delhi accounted for the highest percentage of crime against women among all mega cities of the country in the year 2011.
According to the NCRB statistics revealed on Saturday, the Capital accounted for 13.3 per cent of crime against women followed by Bangalore (5.6), Hyderabad (5.5) and Vijayawada (5.3). The city accounted for 17.6 per cent rape, 31.8 per cent kidnapping and abduction, 14 per cent of dowry deaths and 10.1 per cent molestation cases among the 53 mega cities, which have a population of more than 10 lakh. The cities of Delhi, Kanpur, Mumbai and Bangalore accounted for 9.9 per cent, 7.3 per cent, 6.7 per cent and 6.3 per cent of the total crimes of all kinds, respectively.
- Make combat sport a compulsory subject for girls in the school. Let them undergo training for some fighting spirit in the school so that in the need of the hour if help reaches late atleast they can defend against the odds.
- Make proper registration of each and every cab,rickshaw,bus,van driver so that when some incident takes place immediate availability of data of who is driving the vehicle gets available.
- Make rule that a car/bus/van will be going to scrap if it has black or dark color film on their windows. every transport vehicle should have transparent glasses so that anyone could see who is inside.
- Delhi police should encounter those who admit to their crime instead of going for the usual case filing & legal matter. This would create a fear among those opportunists who do rape against women.
- There should be police jawans without dresses in the night so that when they notice any eve teasers they could act immediately & they don’t get change to run away. If captured their hands & legs should be broken ( given 3rd degree treatment from police) so that they would never do that thing again in life.
- People should come out and complain. today is the girl tomorrow it might be our sister, daughter or someone dear to you….so please don’t remain mum against crime of any type. fight until the culprit is in jail should be the mantra.
- Put web cameras at all important places & also at places especially bus stops where girls take cab, rickshaw for transport. If possible also put web cams inside all Delhi buses to check on crimes inside buses as everyone knows when there are more people and ladies are standing some idiots behave in a way which is not acceptable. There should be cams everywhere from metros to important transport junctions as well as buses. They would prove important information about any crime that has taken place beside policemen which are already busy serving fat-skinned politicians have no compulsory requirement to stand and guard important junctions. They can easily monitor from webcams & take action as soon as someone is caught on cam doing bad thing.
Delhi has a porous border, with more than 100 entry points – unlike other metros in the country – that contributes to the crime rate.With only under a quarter of the population living in planned colonies, and a large migrant population.Besides, socio economic imbalances, proximate location of affluent and underprivileged class and adverse sex-ratio are important factors to amplify crime in the Capital and even Delhi police is not efficient to control this.