we were born in an overpopulated country with severe resource constraints and a mostly dysfunctional government. we tend to be undisciplined, impolite and discourteous. we never seem to follow queues. And Yes, we tend to find “Jugad”
- Traffic: wrong lane, wrong side, traffic light ignorance, speed violations, drunken driving – there are no official figures
- Real estate: black money, illegal construction, encroachment of public and private property
- Behavior: rowdy with women, relieving on the roadside in the open, spitting chewed beetel (paan)
- drugs: overdose,taking weeds in younger age, smoking
- abuse: women are not safe, domestic violence,dowry,rape,eve teasing,molestation
- crazy competition: job, education, even for marriages too.
- poor: in hygiene, literacy,food supply, electricity. We struggle to get them.
- overcrowded bus or a train, no place to live.
- brain drain, pollution, deforestation
- We are a country with good aggregate and pathetic per capita numbers.
- how i forget to include our corrupt politicians, they are good for nothing
We need to fight to survive. Struggle to exist. Most Indian people also have ‘chalta he’ (‘let it be’) attitude. A lot of people moan about these things but nobody is really doing anything. Till when we will sit hand folded??